Eng's Notepad
Friday, June 19, 2009


Couldn't believe that I survived the adventure camp,its so damm tiring,but overall its pretty good.

Day 1
Went to school and we were divided into groups and played some ice breaker games.Had to surrender our handphones to them and we set off for trekking.We were given a map and then we had to trek from school all the way to Macritchie Reservoir.There were games along the trek as well.Luckily it did not rain or not it would be quite difficult to move through the mud and soil.That's more than 20km in total and I think we took more than 4 hours to reach there.On the way there,saw Hazel there for her canoeing activity.
After the long hours of trekking,we rest for a while and waited for a bus to come.Felt a sense of achievement as I have never walked that far before.The bus came and I slept on the bus and then when I woke up,I realised that we were not going back to school BUT heading towards Changi Beach.We spent the night there and 9 guys had to squeeze into one tent.The beach is so freaking hot,there wasn't any breeze at all and all of us were perspiring inside the tent and had difficulties sleeping.

Day 2
Had honeycombs for breakfast and took a ferry to Pulau Ubin.Did a bit of stretching before we went off for cycling around Pulau Ubin.The last cycling activity I had was like ages ago.There were many up-slopes and down-slopes.Down-slope is the best as the speed at which we are going is thrilling.After not long,my legs began to feel tired but I just had to keep on paddling.While cycling,a wild boar suddenly came running out of the trees and it was just a few meters away from me.I really do not know what to say if it were to crash onto me -.-
Cycled for the whole morning and afternoon and many people were tired.So we rest for a while.My whole crotch felt damm pain X_x;;

Night time came and we had 2 packets of instant noodles to cook.2 packets had to be shared among 8 people in a group.We sat in a circle ate one mouth of noodles and passed it to the next person,so everyone ate like 3-4 scoops and that goes our dinner -.- wow so filling...
Following up was our campfire.Did cheers,campfire songs and skit.My group's skit is about 3 adventurers trekking in a forest and they saw 2 ghosts and one of the adventurers died as the ghosts hanged him(which is me).Then the 2 adventurers went to seek help from a bomoh but the bomoh was helpless.So the 2 adventurers took ferry back to Singapore and reported to the police and they came back to Pulau Ubin to find back my dead body.Then my body was brought back to Singapore for funeral and the skit ended.lol -.-

After the campfire has ended,we had Night Walk at Pulau Ubin.It was pitch black and we could barely see the path ahead of us.At first I had jitters because there were many rumours about Pulau Ubin =/ but slowly later the nervous feeling had gone as I told myself if I have done nothing wrong I do not have to feel scared.Was partnered with a girl and we had to walk in pairs,except for a guy he had to walk alone because his group had odd number of people.We had to follow the lightsticks on the floor and then whenever a person said "TAS" we have to tell them our group name and number.Apparently there was this man in white sitting on the road facing the trees so I just said hello to every figures I saw under the fading moonlight.He ignored me and so I continued walking with my partner.Continued walking for around 15 minutes and then we heard noises behind us.My partner and I thought they were the GLs trying to scare us from the back.I wanted to turn back and looked but my partner said its better not to do so.We continued walking and then the people behind us caught up with us and they happened to be another pairs from our group,which means my partner and I walked very slow to the pace that another pair caught up with us also.6 people walking together in the night walk lol.

Night Walk ended and we went back to our tent and slept.The beach here is very windy compared to Changi Beach,if not we would all not sleep well again.Before we slept,everyone was damm thirsty and kept talking about the cold drinks and ice kachang they will spam drinking after the camp ends.We were not allowed to buy anything from the stores in Pulau Ubin and because Pulau Ubin's water is not clean,we can only rely on our water supplies we had from Changi Beach.I kept picturing the cold drinks on my mind to the extent that I dreamt about eating ice kachang in my dream and that felt really COOOL.Bleah it was just a dream.


Day 3.
Took ferry back to Changi Beach in the morning and everyone rushed to the toilet to fill their bottles with tap water and started drinking away.A bus came and took us to another place.It happened to be the MOE Changi Camp which I went during the Sec 3 Adventure Camp 2 years back with my secondary school.The place where planes fly by every few minutes...
Had kayaking for the whole afternoon and this was another vigorous activity.We kayak in pairs and we had to kayak to EAST COAST PARK!!!I do not know how long it took us to reach there but according to the GLs we took like 2 hours plus to reach there.My hands were like dropping anytime and I suffered from seasick -.- went to the toilet and vomited.No appetite for lunch already.

After lunch,the GLs said that we had to paddle our way back to the MOE Changi Camp.I was like WTF NOOOO!No choice but we had to kayak all the way back for another 2 hours plus.Luckily the waves weren't that strong as we had to kayak against the current.The weather was scorching hot but thanks to the strong wind we did not feel the intensed heat from the sun.
I paddled with all my force till my upper limbs were breaking apart.Although its tiring,its nice and relaxing to see the boundless sea and sky and it sort of like made us forget the tiredness.
After reaching the shores,everyone was sunburnt and all our skins were reddish in colour.Slowly later everyone felt the pain the sunburnt has caused all over our exposed skin.And since I paddled like mad I did not use the correct way of holding the paddles so my hands got blisters but luckily they were small.

Went back to school after kayaking and we had to clean our tents before we were released.Only then our handphones were given back to us and everyone started calling and texting.
I survived this hiong-est camp ever.Lack of sleep,food and water plus all the strenuous activities ...woahh can die!! Now I'm suffering from sunburnt and muscle aches and am a chaota(smoked and burnt person) now.

Overall,this camp is really fun!

----

lmao,someone told me about this group in facebook...and I could not stop laughing!Didn't know someone would create such a group on facebook lol. Click to enlarge it.



...Eng jots down his notes @ 10:20 AM


---




Name // Ong Soon Eng
Gender // Male
Age // 18
Birthday // 8th April
Horoscope // Aries
Zodiac // Monkey
I am worth $10.00
$10.70 due to GST

Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox
Psst...there are many things to load.Thanks for your patience

Current Mood


Likes
200 Pounds Beauty
Adobe Photoshop
Archie Comics
Blue,Black and Red
Buffet
Caffeine
Cao Ge
Chemistry
Chibi Characters
Comedy
Connie Talbot
Damekko Doubutsu
Death Note
Devil Beside You
Disney Movies
Donald Duck
Dou Niu Yao Bu Yao
Explosm
Family
Fear Factor
Final Fantasy
Finding Nemo
Food
Friends
Genetics
Graphical Pictures
Greeks Mythologies
Happy Tree Friends
Hebe
Historical Facts
Horror Movies
Horrible Science
Horrible Geography
Horrible History
Human Organs
Interesting Facts
Invader Zim
Jackie Wu's Variety Shows
Jay Chou
Jolin
Jun Jie
Kingdoms Heart I,II
Koo Hye Sun
Korean Dramas
Lilo and Stitch
Marine Biology
Mozilla Firefox
Ms Swan
My Chemical Romance
Naruto Anime
National Geographic
Natural Scenes
Ocean
Oggy and the Cockroach
PC Simulation Games
Pirates of The Caribbean
Professor IQ
Rainie Yang
Readers' Digest
Science Discoveries
Sci-Fi
Sega Genesis
Sleep
Songs and Midi
Spirited Away
Spongebob Squarepants
Starbucks
Suikoden II
Takeshi's Castle
Underwater World
Universe
Utada Hikaru
Vampire Knight
Violence Anime
Welsh Corgi,Pembroke
Windstruck
Worms PC Games
Xiao Gui
Zoology
忍たま乱太郎
我老婆未满十八岁

Desire
New Wallet
Bronze/Tanned Skin
Doctoral Degree : phD
Travel Around The World
Visit Natural Landscapes
Fly To Space
Six Packs



Despise
Lag
Unreasonable People
Hypocrites





Links
>>2e5 Blog<<
>>2e5 Website<<
>>Angel<<
>>Angie<<
>>Atiq<<
>>Atiqah<<
>>Aylward<<
>>Azwan<<
>>Bhavani<<
>>Brenda<<
>>BVMB<<
>>Cai Mei<<
>>Celine<<
>>Chin Keong<<
>>Cindy<<
>>Dan<<
>>David Rachel<<
>>Desmond<<
>>Doreen<<
>>Eileen Ang<<
>>Eileen Ng<<
>>Esther<<
>>Faiz<<
>>Feng Ling<<
>>Fiona<<
>>Geraldine<<
>>Gwen<<
>>Iqbal<<
>>Isabelle<<
>>Issac<<
>>Jannah<<
>>Jia Hui<<
>>Jian Xin<<
>>Jian Yu<<
>>Jin<<
>>Ji Yun<<
>>Joel Fan<<
>>Keat Ling<<
>>Keefe<<
>>Larissa<<
>>Leer<<
>>Ling Li<<
>>Long Huai<<
>>Ms Ang<<
>>Nicholas Chia<<
>>Olivia<<
>>Rachel Cheow<<
>>Stephanie<<
>>Wei Ling<<
>>Wei Ren<<
>>Wen Yi<<
>>Xi Yu<<
>>Xue Ling<<
>>Yee San<<
>>Yee Tat<<
>>Yu Wei<<
>>Zhao Liang<<


Highlights
Happenings in Sec1&2
Poops,Poops And More Poops
Stuffed Voodoo Posing
The Evil and Silly Prefect
Viwawa BOB


Process
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010
March 2010



Credits
Blogskin:Eng
Base Code:thesilentkiss
Other Codings:Dynamic Drive
Counter:Boingdragon
Brushes:Brusheezy , Deviantart Current Mood:Punkymoods
Sasuke's Hair:Deviantart


A note to all readers.I might take some photos/pictures from random websites.If I have used your images,I will always give credits. If you are the owner of any properties I have posted,and wants me to remove them,please notify me through the tagboard.Thank You.