Part of this post shall be some ranting...Woke up at 8 plus today,the earliest time ever since after prom night.Cindy came to my house and we were browsing through classifieds and dialled quite many companies.Called one of my favourite buffet restaurants.Was surprised that they have vacancies this time and the person over the phone asked me to go down for job interview.
Reached there,told the counter that I came for job interview.Then one old ah pek who I think is one of the managers told me they are not looking for any more part-time waiters.I was like WTF THEN WHY STILL ASK ME COME DOWN.
I gently told him that someone said we could come down for interview.After that I saw the ah pek face a bit orlulu.Can sense that he does not want us to work there.
He then tried to appease us by giving us the application forms.SO LONG-WINDED!Need to fill in 4 pages!
There was one part where it states "Expected Pay" so I put there $6/h.Went on to proceed to the job interview with the application form.He looked through and then started asking me questions.It was ok though.Until he said about the pay "actually working here is $4.50/h".Upon hearing that I was like so surprised.He asked me whether the pay is ok and I said it is too low.I said minimum $5/h then he agreed.Wa like what!? See us teenagers can alter the pay to so low!? But anyway I also do not think that the pay is that low for such restaurant.Once again,I think is because they see us teenagers (inferior to them) and hence they anyhow tell us the pay >:o
What's more is that we still must wait for their damm phone call.See that ah pek face already don't feel like working there.Haha then Cindy and I intended to tell them that we are not interested in the job anymore if they call us.
Think I may not be working in the hotel anymore.Felt like I had let down one of my captains,Eddie.He is very patient with us newcomers and he taught us things without giving any stern looks.He is outgoing and humorous too,no wonder so many people like him as their captain.Haiz no choice but I will have to give up that job.There will be no more worries of missing the last bus,love travelling time and reaching home so late and waking up early in the next morning.Sad sad sad,cannot see the friendly people there already.
Went to JP and have a walk in the extensions.Meanwhile,I walked past the other job that I'm holding on to,which I will be starting tomorrow.Saw other waiters there,they are all wearing PINK.
LIKE OMG -.- I was sooooooo sad and depress.Continued to walk around then suddenly had a phone call from the manager,asking us to go to the restaurant for some briefing.Coincidentally,we were there.
Went in to the restaurant and we were told by the gentle manager that we would be able to work on some weekdays.Initially we were told that we will be working only on the weekend.WOOOOO like finally can work on weekdays,no more job hunting.
Haha yea,the manager is very friendly too.Hope what she is putting on isn't just because of the first impression.Ok shouldn't doubt someone's character =x
Hopefully,tomorrow things shall turn out smoothly...
and as for the answers to the Mad-thematics...
Try at least attempting the question before highlighting the answer or else it would really defeat the answer.Haha at least Faiz and Xueling tried it.
The Answer and Explanation are below (highlight them)
Answer : $2 There are many ways to solve this confusing question.1st way : Total profit earned from the chicken = $3Profit I earned = $1 Ah Lian earned = Total profit - Profit I earned = $3 - $1 = $22nd way : Ah Lian's transactionbuy : $8 sell : $9 <-profit : $1 buy : $10 sell : $11 <-profit : $1 Total Profit : $2