OH MY GOD!
This morning,when I was walking the down the staircase on my way to school,I saw a gigantic moth on the wall!It isn't any ordinary moth.The moths you see before are those dull colours one right?Brown and black.Well,the one I see was a moth of bright red,orange and yellow colours,and the size is at least half the size of a computer screen!!I'm not exaggerating.The first thought that came to my mind was 'omg humongous moth,the type that a spirit turned into!'I stared at the moth and double check to see that its not a butterfly,and I'm very sure that its a moth.Soon,goosebumps went all over my body.The moth looked kind of 'queen of all moths',seriously.I realised was at the 8th floor,which is just one level below my house.I know of this family who live on the 8th floor.
There's this old lady who was treated very badly by her daughter and son-in-law.After her departure to netherworld early this year,the daughter and son-in-law on lights whole day long,whether its day or night.Wherever I walk to,my feet feel the heat beneath the floor.Then I was like thinking,maybe they are scared of her coming back to haunt them,as they treated her badly.So they on lights 24/7.I still remember,last year I heard a quarrel between the daughter and the old lady in their house.It was so loud and my neighbour went to ask what was going on.I can hear their quarreling at the kitchen.The content was 'wo mai dui rang ni si ni yao bu yao,'the daughter shouted to her mother.(english translation : I buy poison for you and let you die you want?) And so,for the past few years,quarrel was common between them,sometimes the son-in-law was involved too.
See how they treated the old lady so badly?
The old lady was a good friend of my neighbour,she would tell my neighbour about her life.
My neighbour told me what she had told her.The old lady had 3 daughters.Of the 3,the youngest one(the daughter I'm referring about) was the most filial.The 2 elder sisters did not care about their mother and pushed the responsibility of taking care of her to the youngest daughter when the old lady grew old. The old lady was happy to stay with her filial daughter.But as years passed,the youngest daughter started to treat her badly,and soon it led to quarrels and unhappiness.The old lady was really devastated and heartbroken.So she decided to stay with it and live till her last breathing moment.
And ya,so I was wondering whether the moth was 'her' that she returned.You know,the sight of the moth was really eerie..I was having goosebumps in school for the first 2 periods.
Too bad I did not have camera with me to take a photo of the moth,but anyway,even if I have with me,I would not take a snap of it.I believe in this way,if you never disturb it,it will never bother you.Take the moth as a human,in this case,if that's really the spirit of the old lady.
People don't like strangers taking photos of them for no reason.Likewise.
My father was at the scene this morning too.He said that he had never seen such a huge moth before.I guess its pretty rare.So I came up with this conclusion.
Why only weird insects like big moths appear so common during the 7th month.And in some homes,they are spotted near the deity statue there.Are they really descended relatives?From what I know from the old folktales,those weird insects are usually possessed by
wandering,lonely ___There's a way to see whether those moths are the spirits of certain family's deceases,or they are the wandering ones.
Normally,if it came back to see the family,it would always locate near the deity statue there.
And if you remembered that you have closed the door and windows,they somehow still manage to get in.
In the other case,those spotted in open places,not near buildings or flats or households,those might be the wandering spirits.You would not know whether they are evil or not.Some may cease the chance to seek and possess a human body,so they can return back to human form.
Okay,guess I shall end here.