Final Thanks to all friends and pals for their greetings and gifts.
Really appreciate them for all these..brighten up my life and make me happy.
Okay so now,let's focus on my SYF first.
SYF is just 3 days away..
I can see other CCAs are working hard too,like Chinese Dance and other performing groups.Malay and Indian Dance has already gotten Silver.Congratulations to them for making the school proud and achieving the good results.
We really must work hard for for band.
We tried hard,practise everyday,whether sectional or full band or individual practice.
We must still improve on our intonation and articulation.In the next few days,we must create miracle.!! *Thinks of the song When you believe* Its a meaningful song as the lyrics goes "There will be miracle,when you believe"
Okay so,we must be confident in playing.Believe in ourselves that we can do it.
Work together as a team.
Always,always must remember what the conductor has said.Use diaphragm for air support.Breathe in as much air
-edit(I accidentally typed hair) as you can.Hold the note,listen to other instruments.Try to blend in and make one sound.
One band = One sound.
Erm okay,perhaps its because that we often forget to use our diaphragm,we always get scoldings and punishments.Conductor has already said,our sound actually can be quite beautiful,and we can really produce good sound,provided if we have enough air support,by not stressing on our bodies that much,relaxing our bodies by not getting tensed up,as it will make the note drops.
Had our sectional in the morning.We sat down as a section and discussed about what we shall do to make our music more lively and beautiful,showing dynamics and expressions.
We do some amendments to our frequent mistakes,then later so called composed some things into our scores,writing down some precautions we must take note of.
Had practice in the afternoon.Went to hall and spent much time playing Sunrise.2 birds went missing,one sick and one had tution.But Thew Ni replaced Angel for the Senza Misura part.Rini get well soon!
Lower brass is extremely important.I shall say everyone is important in the song,or not what for the instruments are needed to play the song.Each and every notes are important,like the Chords in the last few bars.
We saxophone section gives our best in playing.As usual,I will squeak some times.I will try not to pressurize my mouthpiece too hard.The part that goes -tur1-tur2-tur1-tur2-tur4.Our last note of every bar often gets sharp.Will get flat if we didn't use our diaphragm,will get sharp if we force.
Tried to play well,and we managed to do it.:)
The last 4 bars of Sunrise are very important.As what the conductor says,B flat and E flat are extremely important in the 3rd last bar..We spent quite some time on our set piece.
And we shall go into our choice piece.Not much of the problem.Conductor wants the tempo to be much more faster than usual.Luckily Sax can run for the melody,and it sounded quite okay,except that I was rushing -.-
What's my fear is that my last bar of the song,My C I always couldn't reach that low,often go out of tune,how I wish I can play an higher optave of C.But it will sound weird without the low note supporting the high notes.Therefore I must try to improve on that :)
We must have trust and faith that we can do well.
We shall work together as a team and strive for the best results in the next 3 days.
Work hard everyone!What's really important is that whether we give our best in it or not.Bless everyone!